Tuesday, 15 May 2012


INS Rambla: a reflection  
                                      
As an extra activity, I have decided to include the assignment I carried out on creating a virtual school, INS Rambla. I have included this activity simply because it has been quite different from the rest of assignments and has given me an insight into the workings of an institute. I was completely oblivious before.
I realise that, although it has many rewards, being a headmaster or headmistress of a Spanish secondary school is no easy task. In addition to having to know all the decrees and laws that are forever changing in the education system, trying to provide students with the best possible education in the best possible environment is a real brainteaser. So many buttons pressed, so much fine tuning to an already delicate system often goes unnoticed among parents who complain about the opportunities of their beloved Tom and Sally. By carrying out this assignment, we had to put ourselves in the shoes of a headmaster and analyse every possibility in the running of the school to ensure that that is it well run and offers the best possible conditions to its school members. While people may beg to differ, a school is very much run like a company. It needs full cooperation among its staff who all have to work together for the benefit of every child, who is different in their own way but equally important.  

No comments:

Post a Comment